Pediatric Comprehensive Eye Examination
Vision is our most valuable sense. 90% of a child’s learning is through their visual system. Early detection can save years of struggling and harmful impact on your child’s ability to learn.
1 in 4 children are at risk from
undiagnosed vision problems!
Many vision screenings test only for distance visual acuity. It does not give any indication as to how well the eyes focus up close or team together for the child’s schoolwork demands. It also does not give any information about the eye health.
A change in vision is often not realized until your child can’t see the board at school or has trouble reading a text book. They often do not know their eyes are not working efficiently and are unable to communicate that a problem exists. The increased stress on the child’s inadequate visual system can cause fatigue and lack of overall desire to do their schoolwork resulting in less than optimal grades and sometimes behavioral disorders.
Additionally, we are living in a "blue light experiment" and we do not know the final outcome! The blue light that is found in the digital technology that our kids are devouring may be found to induce retinal damage and cell death. We can prescribe BlueLight lenses to help prevent this from happening to your child. Please ask for details
Please have your child’s eyes checked annually.
Schedule your child's eye exam today.
State law encourages eye exams for children enrolling for the first time in schools. We are asking parents to make appointments now for their children to reduce eye and vision problems going undiagnosed and untreated in children.
The Optometric Association encourages comprehensive eye exams for children entering kindergarten or enrolling for the first time in public, private, or parochial elementary schools.
Since comprehensive eye exams are the best way to diagnose eye and vision problems in children early, before they interfere with a child’s ability to learn, we agree that an exam is a crucial step in ensuring that students perform to the best of their ability in the classroom, and through their growing years.
Did you know?
• An undiagnosed vision or eye health problem can interfere with their ability to learn.
• 80 per cent of learning is visual, which make having a comprehensive eye exam an important start to a child’s learning journey.
• Children with vision problems are often misdiagnosed as having learning or
• Eye health problems are detected through an eye exam.
• The sooner problems are treated, the more likely they can be corrected.
• Some conditions have a critical period and once the window passes, permanent visual loss can remain.
• Children are often unaware they have a vision issue as they believe what they are seeing is normal.
• 43% of children who have a vision or eye health problem can pass a basic vision screening or sight test.
• Children may have one eye that is doing most of the work, hiding the fact that the other eye is not functioning properly.
Your child may have a vision or eye health problem if they are experiencing one or more of these symptoms:
• Struggles with reading, writing or learning.
• Performs below ability level.
• Loses place while reading or uses finger/marker to guide eyes.
• Places head close to books or desk while reading or writing.
• Has a short attention span for age.
• Dislikes or avoids close or detailed work (LEGO, drawing, etc.).
• Has poor eye-hand coordination. Physical indicators:
• Turns or tilts head to use only one eye; covers or closes one eye.
• Blinks or rubs eyes excessively.
• Suffers from headaches, nausea, dizziness.
• Complains of burning, itching or blurry eyes.
• Has double vision.
Court at Deptford Office
1500 Almonesson Rd.
Deptford, NJ 08096
Cross Keys Commons Office
3501 Route 42
Cross Keys Commons
Turnersville, NJ 08012
Court at Deptford Office 3501 Route 42 Cross Keys Commons Turnersville, NJ 08012 Phone: (856) 875-8989 Fax: (856) 875-6978
Cross Keys Commons Office 1500 Almonesson Rd. Court at Deptford Deptford, NJ 08096 Phone: (856) 227-4555 Fax: (856) 232-7577
Copyright © All content is the property of Dr Spivack & assoc. vendors. |
Website Powered and Developed by